What is Speech/Language Therapy?
Speech/Language Therapy focuses on evaluation and treatment of disorders that affect a person's speech, language, cognition, voice, or swallowing (dysphagia). Speech/Language Therapy aims to provide rehabilitative or corrective treatment of physical and/or cognitive deficits/disorders resulting in difficulty with communication and/or swallowing.
Speech/Language Therapy may include:
- Assessment of speech and vocal production
- Evaluation of swallowing difficulties or disorders
- Treatment of language processing, literacy, memory, problem solving and executive function deficits
- Customized plans to address expressive and receptive language deficits
- Personal plans of communication for both verbal and non-verbal needs as well as strategies to facilitate functional communication
- Oral Motor exercises
- Training and use of audio-visual aids
- Memory Strategies
- Treatment and identification of compensatory strategies to assist with cognitive deficits
If you would like more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact: (207)374-3454.
We also provide Outpatient Speech/Language Therapy services at Bucksport Rehabilitation Clinic.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at this location, please contact: (207)469-3107.
58 Main Street
Bucksport, ME 04416