About Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Services at Blue Hill Memorial Hospital
- As part of our commitment to providing outstanding and personalized care, close to home, Blue Hill Memorial Hospital offers several options to patients who desire mental health and chemical dependency services.
- Our primary care providers in Blue Hill, Bucksport, Castine, and Stonington diagnose and treat some mental health and chemical dependency issues within their practices.
- Many patients work with their primary care provider to obtain a referral to mental health or chemical dependency professional and support groups in the local area. Each of our primary care practices maintains a referral list for this purpose. We do our very best to match our patients’ needs and preferences with the expertise and specialties of local mental health and chemical dependency specialists and support groups.
- As part of Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems, Blue Hill Memorial Hospital maintains a close working relationship with Acadia Hospital. Our providers can refer patients to mental health and chemical dependency professionals, including psychiatrists, who are affiliated with Acadia Hospital. Our providers also consult with Acadia Hospital psychiatrists and other mental health and chemical dependency specialists for diagnostic and treatment purposes.
- Patients may also choose to choose to work with mental health and chemical dependency professionals who have offices that are co-located within several of our family medicine practices. Patients who live in or near Bucksport may wish to contact David Harland, LCSW. He is associated with Aroostook Mental Health Services. To schedule an appointment call 667-6890. Patients who live in or near Blue Hill and desire behavioral health services can call Linda Collins, LMSWC at 667-6890. Linda is also associated with the Aroostook Mental Health Services. Patients wth chemical dependency issues can call Patty Murphy, LADC at 667-6800. She is also located in Blue Hill and is associated with the Aroostook Mental Health Services. Patients should note that Aroostook Mental Health Services is not affiliated with Blue Hill Memorial Hospital; behavioral health and chemical dependency specialists simply rent space in our buildings as a service to our patients.
- There is a full-time licensed clinical social worker (Helen Deuschle) who is part of our Island Family Medicine practice in Stonington. Helen works with patients of all ages.